Pre-Season Program 2
- Exposure to high intensity strength work
- Continued focus on robustness and injury prevention
- Tolerance and adaptation to high volume training
- Learning of ultimate specific mechanics
- Continued increase in muscle cross sectional area
- Continued improvements in neuromuscular strength
- Intramuscular coordination in ultimate specific movements
- Increase in type 2a and 2b muscle fibre recruitment for velocity-based movements
Note: stick with the Level you started with during the Off-Season! No switching levels :)
After you’ve completed Pre-Season 2, it’s time for In-Season.
“This was undoubtedly my favourite section of the programme. One of the things I enjoyed most about the sprint session was incorporating crossover runs. Because this is a key movement (and one that is very specific to ultimate), as soon as I got on pitch, both in training and in a game, the movements became more natural and automatic.” – Ophelia Byrne, GB u24, 2019
You must be logged in to post a comment.