Pre-Season 1 by James Mead
This is one of our "Strength & Conditioning" lessons
Pre Season 1 acts as the introductory period into ultimate specific movements. This period will include first exposure to higher velocity movements and a movement towards maximal strength.
Pre-Season Program 1
- Exposure to high intensity strength work
- Continued focus on robustness and injury prevention
- Tolerance and adaptation to high volume training
- Learning of ultimate specific mechanics
- Continued increase in muscle cross sectional area
- Continued improvements in neuromuscular strength
- Intramuscular coordination in ultimate specific movements
- Increase in type 2a and 2b muscle fibre recruitment for velocity-based movements
Note: stick with the Level you started with during the Off-Season! No switching levels :)
After you’ve completed Pre-Season 1, it’s time for Pre-Season 2.
“I felt like I laid down the groundwork in the off-season and this was where I started to see the biggest gains, not just with the S&C but at training sessions as well. I would wake up in the morning and be genuinely excited to go to the gym as I knew I could smash out a session. One of the areas I saw the most improvement in was my core strength. The trunk exercises in the pre-season phases definitely challenged me more than in any other phase but it was also really rewarding as I could feel the benefits in everyday life.” – Ophelia Byrne, GBu24 2019