Off Season Programme
- Establish foundation of training tolerance through accessory and stability work
- Exposure to a range of fundamental movement patterns required for Ultimate
- Improve athletic competency and robustness
- Improve musculature strength in order to tolerate the production of high force movements
- Increase type 1 collagen turnover within the muscles and tendons increasing the work capacity of the target muscle groups through accessory work
- Improve the ability of tissue to repeatedly perform the tasks required in both training and game
- Increase muscle cross sectional area
- Improve tendon and ligament strength
- Improvements in neuromuscular strength
Our Off-Season program is divided into two phases, each of four weeks. However, if you’ve periodised your season according to our guide then you can reduce each phase to 3 weeks (for a total of 6 weeks off-season), or extend each phase by 2 weeks (for a total of up to 12 weeks off-season).
Not sure which level to start on? Check out our guidance notes.
Note: stick with the Level you start with throughout the Off-Season! No switching levels :)
After you’ve completed the Off-Season, it’s time to get started on our Pre-Season program (coming soon!).
You must be logged in to post a comment.