- Remain injury free throughout the competition period
- Be in the best prepared shape physically to compete
- Translate strength and power into repeated high force ultimate movements and game specific elements
- Maintain maximal strength levels (within 10%) from the end of pre-season 2 to the end of the in-season period
- Maintain aerobic capacity of key lower limb muscle groups required for ultimate
Note: stick with the Level you started with during the Off-Season! No switching levels :)
When the major event (or two) of your season approaches, switch to Peaking.
“Going into the in-season phase, the number of sets and reps decreases meaning that I was able to increase the weight on each rep and I found that I increased my power output. This was really obvious in the sprint session (my favourite part of this phase!) as I could feel the power I had when changing direction and was managing to spring out of turns more easily.” – Ophelia Byrne, GBu24 2019
You must be logged in to post a comment.