Defence is just as important as offence, and defensive blocks feature prominently on highlight reels. But what methods do elite teams use to stifle their opponent’s offence? How do they limit throwing options, reduce the available field space, and how do they adapt their defence in reaction to the offensive tactics they face?
Here, we show some topics which you can use to improve your defensive capabilities; skill drills, new tactics, and team strategies.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Effective Marking
- Stopping the up line cut
- Choosing a shoulder
- Defending Cutters
- Defending Deep Throws
- Establishing Defensive Priorities
- Person Defence – Marking Strategies
- Different Strategies and Techniques for Guarding the Dump
- Lull the opponent into a false sense of security
- Situational Defence
- Defending Vertical Stack
- Defending Horizontal stack
- Defending pull plays
- Defending the Endzone
- Sideline Trap
- Defending Sideline Huckers
- Pulling Strategy